About WIC Association of NYS
The WIC Association of NYS is a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to support and enhance the delivery of WIC services through education, training and advocacy. WIC (The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children), offers nutrition education, breastfeeding support, referrals and a variety of nutritious foods to income-eligible pregnant, breastfeeding or postpartum women, infants and children up to age five to promote and support good health. WIC provides nutritious foods such as milk, cheese, iron fortified cereal, fruits and vegetables (fresh, frozen or canned), whole grain breads and tortillas, brown rice, eggs, 100% fruit juice, peanut butter, canned fish (tuna, sardines, pink salmon), infant formula, infant cereal and baby foods. WIC also provides breast pumps to eligible breastfeeding mothers.
The WIC Association of New York State, Inc. is the leading statewide organization supporting and enhancing the delivery of health and nutrition services to Women, Infants, and Children.
About The Conference:
The Annual WIC Association of NYS Conference usually attracts more than 350 nutritionists, registered dietitians, nurses, lactation counselors, physicians, public health students and other healthcare providers of women, infants, and children. The conference covers a myriad of topics ranging from nutrition and health issues, breastfeeding education, to management issues, and effective participant centered counseling skills. It is our expectation that through plenary sessions, workshops, and exhibits, conference attendees will learn new ways to promote positive, healthy change in themselves, their organizations and the people they serve!
At this year's conference, attendees will:
- Hear from experts in the field of nutrition, breastfeeding, management and public health
- Learn about the latest research findings and how to apply them to their participants, patients, clients
- Develop new skills and improve existing competencies
- Earn Continuing Education credits and fulfill NYS WIC mandatory training requirements
- Learn best practices that can be implemented in their agency
- Share their own public health experiences with peers and leaders
- Discover the latest public health products and services
*IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING CHILDREN AT THE CONFERENCE*
Children are NOT permitted to attend any conference sessions/activities. Childcare will not be provided at this year's conference.